Welcome to The Outpost,
My name is Nick and I am a professional writer and multimedia specialist based in Ireland.
This blog is my idea of an online outpost, or a retreat of sorts, where I can sit back and enjoy the topics I write and photograph (picture Hunter S. Thompson writing on a type writer on a beach kind of vibe, and if you can’t, here is what it looks like).
In 2019, I graduated with a First Class Honours Journalism degree and in the top three of my class from Dublin Technological University (TUD). During my time in college I was the editorial assistant with the Irish Runner, Press Officer for the Irish Cycling National Championships 2017 and freelanced for various publications on any topic i could sink my pen into.
I have developed a huge passion for the written word and really enjoy working in such environments. This blog is in one way to showcase my interests and passions in the best way I know how: In the hope of entertaining you, while keeping myself busy.
A selection of my published articles;
- Tattoos in the workplace – The Irish Times
- Mag Balfe – Running 100 miles in under 24 hours – The Irish Runner [Print also]
- The problem with populism – Headstuff
- Ink Tank | Meet The Tattoo Artists Transforming The Dublin Scene – Headstuff
- Notes from the Quarantine | Reflecting on a new way of living– Headstuff
- Fintech and the Rise of Hipster Banking in Ireland – Headstuff
- Is College the only option after school? – SpunOut.ie
- What is populism and why do we need to know about it? – SpunOut.ie
- Challenges of paying for student accommodation – SpunOut.ie
- Heroes and friends podcast – Produced & edited by Nick Moloney
- Spectacular campsites in Ireland for adventurous travellers – Your Irish Adventure
- Tips for camping in Ireland – Your Irish Adventure
- Irish Craft Beer – Your Irish Adventure
- Dublin Marathon: A history in facts and figures – TheCity.ie
- U23 Rider interview Connor Lambert – Irish Cycling Champs Facebook page
- National Road Championships 2017 weekend – CyclingIreland.ie